Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Return

Hello everyone. It's been a long time, but I'm glad to be back. I needed to take an extended hiatus while I got the house situation all squared away, (I never expected selling a house would be THAT involved. I know it would be kinda crazy, but wow.)

I am happy to report that my brother and I sold our house, have gone to closing, and have received our big fat checks. I have not found a new place to buy though. But fear not, I am not homeless, I am living happily in an apartment just a few miles from my work, and it will do for the short term. And the added bonus is that I'm living by myself for the first time, and that's been really cool.

Other than moving (my least favorite thing to do) I've been keeping things low key. I've been playing alot more golf this year, and I'm starting to get to the point where I really enjoy playing and there is not nearly as much cursing involved in my game. About a month ago I got a new putter, and it didn't take me long to learn that I'm pretty good at putting (not "draining 60 foot putts with a Tiger fist pump" good, but maybe someday)

The other thing I've been doing is checking out alot of new music. And that is actually what I would like to be one of the primary focuses of this blog. I will still interject with some social commentary or random thoughts from time to time, but I really like sharing and talking about music, so I would like to use this space for just that.

No comments: