Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Birdie!

So I mentioned that I sold my house, and am living in a apartment until I find a new place to buy, which has been cooler than I expected. But one of the benefits has been that I didn't have to dump all the proceeds into a new place. Not that I have been going on a spending binge, but I did buy myself one thing, new golf clubs.

I used to go to driving ranges every so often growing up, my grandfather used to live next to a golf course, and we used to have to watch golf during holidays when we went to his house. But it wasn't until 2 summers ago that I really started trying to play. Last summer my brother gave me his old clubs, and I started playing with a friend of mine a couple of times a month and going to the driving range at least once a week. This year I got to the point where I wasn't embarrassing, (my best round was a 109.)

But with my new clubs...now I'm not half bad. My score wasn't any better, I shot a 110, but I was playing the best I ever have. But the most exciting thing was I got my first birdie of my young golf career! And it almost was my first hole-in-one.



It was a 162 yard par 3, and I hit the ball pure, it bounced just short of the green, and rolled up just short of falling into the hole. It was awesome!

No comments: