Friday, March 28, 2008

I've got blisters on me fingers

Been working on my house the past couple of days getting it ready to go on the market sometime soon. Yesterday was was extremely long and exhausting. We pulled out the sliding door that went to the deck and replaced it with french doors. Then we sanded a couple of patches in the ceiling that we fixed a few weeks ago, and to finish off the day, we repainted the ceiling in the living-dining-kitch-hallway room (aka big ass ceiling space) I woke up this morning with jelly for shoulders they were so freakin sore.


The new french doors, freshly painted.

Today was not as stressful. We pulled out the front door and replaced it with a nice energy-efficient one, and I painted the new french doors. Also got a great estimate for the old windows that need to be replaced (also energy efficient) The first company we had come in estimated $5000 for 5 windows, installed. Home Depot came out and estimated $2500 for 6 windows (we found a semi-new one that had been damaged when we remodeled the kitchen) Granted the Home Depot ones are not as high quality, but they have all the bells and whistles of modern-day windows and are energy-efficient, for less than half the price.



The new front door

My dad is coming over again tomorrow, and we are going to knock a few more things off the list like power washing the deck (If you've never power washed anything, I highly recommend it, it is very fun, and a pretty descent workout)

I've been casually looking for houses to buy, and I've narrowed my search down to 4 zip codes, 22302, 22301, 22204, and 22202. They are all in the Arligton/Shirlington/Del Ray area. There are some pretty cool places in my price range that have a lot of great amenities (I feel like using the word amenities makes me feel more adult, but not in a good way, in the "I can't have that beer, I've got a big day tomorrow, you know going to the Home Depot, maybe the Pottery Barn if there's time.." kind of way...crap, I'm becoming domesticated)

No comments: