Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fucking Gnats

I have a gnat infestation in my office, and it is getting worse. I keep forgetting to bring in my home remedies (vinegar and dish soap) but I have gnat guts all over my office from smashing them against my desk and the walls, they are crazy little buggers.

So I have not posted in a while, I'm not sure why. I have been thinking through a bunch of stuff the past week or so. I started reading a book by Deepak Chopra called "The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desires" And no Ian, it is not about what you think, you cheeky bastard. It deals with recognizing coincidences in your everyday life, and then harnessing their power to better see our destiny.

I'm about 150 pages in, and the biggest thing I have taken from it so far, is that many of the things I think about the soul, energies and love, are not as unique as I thought. That may seem like a bad thing, but actually I've been very relieved. For one thing, Chopra has a much stronger personal trust in his beliefs, and is therefore able to articulate more clearly his thoughts and philosophies, and that is something I've been working towards.

Lately, many of my thoughts about my personal philosophy have been moments of clarity surrounded by millions of other thoughts. I am working to refine them, but when my only sounding board is my own brain, productive conclusions are hard to come by (one of the reasons for this blog.)

No comments: